Sustainability and Banff Lodging Company
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
See some examples of our commitment to a Reduce, Reuse, Recycle energy and environmental reduction platform:
- We partner with local Rocky Mountain Soap Company, which manufactures only locally made, natural and biodegradable soap and hygiene products. These products can be found in 90% of our guest rooms as well as our public bathrooms
- Bulk purchase and distribution of in-room amenities to eliminate single-use plastics, achieving removal of more than 1 million single use plastic bottles)
- Organics diversion program at all restaurants and commercial properties
- Recycle diversion program for all paper, cardboard, bottles and cans at all hotels, restaurants and commercial properties
- Use of LED lights and programmable light management
- Use of in-room energy management and climate control systems
- Transition to ultra-high efficiency toilets through our hotels
- Use of Recycled paper products
- Use of in-room glass dishware to reduce plastic waste
- Organics and recyclable diversion at all residential properties
- Water bottle replacement pilot program at Moose Hotel & Suites
- Pacini Banff and Chili’s Banff participation in the Banff Isn’t Disposable pilot initiative (reducing takeout packaging and waste)
Use of in-room glass dishware to reduce plastic waste
Use of LED lights and programmable light management
Rocky Mountain Soap Co
Partner with Rocky Mountain Soap Company which manufactures only locally made, natural and biodegradable soap products
Recycle program for open amenitiy containers, all paper, cardboard, bottles and cans
Renovations, Maintenance and New Building Projects
Canada is a leading adopter in environmental construction, with collaborative input from provincial and federal government agencies, utility and industry stakeholders and the National Research Council of Canada. The Banff Lodging Co complies with the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings and the Alberta Building Code.
We meet and exceed the established energy standards.
Our building development plans and permits are subject to review and approval by the Town of Banff and Banff National Park (Parks Canada) development approval departments, requiring environmental benefits and gains on all new projects.
Some areas of key priority in building and renovation efficiency include:
- High-efficiency mechanical equipment.
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures.
- Energy management systems to reduce heating and cooling while rooms are un-occupied.
- Low consumption electrical fixtures and LED lighting.
- High-performance windows and doors with higher R-values and Low-E glazing.
- Improved insulation.
- Durable, long-life siding and roofing materials.
- Working with a contracted specialist in Energy Efficiency Modeling.
- Removal and disposal of legacy hazardous materials such as PCB’s, lead based paint, asbestos.
Siding and Roofing
Durable, long-life siding and roofing materials
Low-flow plumbing fixtures
High-performance windows and doors with higher R-values and Low-E glazing
Energy management systems to reduce heating and cooling while rooms are un-occupied
While guests stay with us they can also take advantage of some of the great green initiatives in the Town of Banff.
- Guests of our hotels are offered local Banff Roam Transit passes to get around the Town of Banff
- Roam Transit also offers regional routes to Canmore and Lake Louise with convienent bus stops for guests and locals (see roamtransit.com for routes and fares)
- Bring your water bottle with you! Did you know Banff water is some of the freshest around? You will even find a number of water bottle filling stations located around the town to fill up. banff.com/drinking-water
- Banff offers a number of local trails. There are hikes and walking paths accessible in the town, if you are looking for an activity you really don’t need to go far. We are located in Banff National Park.
- We’re proud to be a part of the Zero Waste Trail committed to reducing waste and maintaining the long-term well being of the Bow Valley. You’ll find a compost bin in every room, so all you need to do is separate your organics and we’ll take care of the rest!