May 8, 2021
On Tuesday, May 5, 2021, the Province of Alberta mandated stronger public health measures in Alberta, in place until at least May 25.
See details here: alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
Non-essential travel is not recommended during this time.
If you are planning a trip to Banff, please make yourself aware of the provincial and local measures in place.
Many businesses are operating with restricted limits, staff and hours. Call ahead to verify.
Banff Lodging Co hotels and condominiums remain open as an essential services for travelers, out of town workers, and residents requiring alternative housing.
Restaurants are open for take-out. banfflodgingco.com/restaurants
Meadow Spa & Pools and Red Earth Spa are open for massage services only, by appointment.
Pools, Hot Tubs, Saunas and Fitness Rooms
Effective Monday, May 10 hotel pools & hot pools and fitness facilities must close until further notice under additional health restrictions from The Government of Alberta.
Retail, Attractions, and Other Services
Businesses and attractions are operating under capacity restrictions. Call ahead to verify.
As Banff becomes a more pedestrian and cycle friendly destination, and Lake Louise implements a parking management plan, the best way to experience Banff National Park will be to plan ahead!
Visit explorethepark.ca for up to date information on parking, transit, access and shuttles to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake, and the best ways to explore without your vehicle.
For more information, please reference:
Our Safecation Commitment
SAFECATION commitment is to lead with hospitality practices that ensure the safety of our guests, our employees, and our community.
While travel may look different, what remains the same for Banff Lodging Company is our friendly, welcoming staff who are committed to providing comfortable, safe and engaging visitor experiences.
Enhanced measures to ensure your travel safety
Training & Employees
- Heightened cleaning and physical distancing protocols
- Enhanced Employee Health Training and expectations, mandatory training before return-to-work begins
- PPE protocol standardized across all departments
- Installation of plexiglass barriers and hand sanitization stations in high use areas
- Enhanced, scheduled cleaning and disinfecting on high touch surfaces and public areas
- Physical distancing renovation to public areas and restaurants
- Minimized high touch room amenities such as guest directories, magazines
- No-contact arrival and departure
Banff Lodging Co adheres to Alberta Health Services guidelines as our governing agency for covid-safe protocols, and go above and beyond when possible.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures in line with AHS protocols
- Quick access to a variety of recreation trails
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff with mandatory preventive education and training
- Your own kitchen and living space
- Exterior access to your guestroom
- Located in quiet, spacious areas close to nature and away from crowds
- Kitchenettes in spacious suites
- Outdoor staircases and hallways to all floors
- Exterior access to your guestroom (excludes Moose hotel rooms)
- Modified room service available
- Staircase and elevator access to rooms
- Spacious lobbies
- Modified room service available
Temporary Mask Bylaw – Banff
All indoor public spaces in Banff and the Downtown Pedestrian areas will require mask use when visiting. This includes all indoor hotel public spaces (lobbies, corridors etc.), restaurants when not seated at a table, all cinema common areas when not seated, and spa and retail areas. Details can be found online: banff.ca/covidmasks